10 Best Dosa Tawas In India 2022 – Expert Reviews, Guide & Tips
In any part of India, the South India breakfast dish Dosa is very popular. People from across the country, in fact, from across the world love South Indian Dosa. They are easily available at any restaurant near you. But wouldn’t it be great to make Dosa at home? They are hygienic, tasty and make them as per your choice. The recipe to make Dosa is very simple. You just need to soak rice and Urad Dal and then grind it to paste. You just need to add some salt to it and spread it to make Dosa. There are many kinds of Dosa available in the present market, so you will be able to make all kinds of them just sitting at home. One of the most important things you need to make a perfect and crispy Dosa is a Dosa Tawa. You have several different kinds of Dosa Tawa in the present Indian market. You can easily make Dosa of your choice. You can save a lot of money when you make Dosa at home.
When you can get the best Dosa Tawa, it distributes heat evenly throughout the pan, and that makes your Dosa Crispy. They are available in many different sizes and shapes to choose one that matches your requirements. Usually, Dosa is easy to make, but when you choose the wrong Tawa, the Dosa sticks to the Tawa, and you will be able to get that perfect Dosa. So, always make sure that you make the right choice.
When you look at the Dosa Tawa brands available online in India, you will be able to find hundreds of them. Now the problem is which is the best Tawa from so many different options? Is it going to be an easy task? No, it is not easy, especially if you are buying one for the first time. If you cannot make your choice, then here we have a list of the ten best Dosa Tawa in the present market. Now the number of products that you need to go through has been simplified to ten products only. That will save you a lot of time and your money as well.
🏆 Have a look at some of the 10 Best Dosa Tawa in India 🏆
1: Hawkins Futura Nonstick Dosa Tava
Hawkins is one of India’s best kitchenware brands, and here we have Hawkins Futura Nonstick Dosa Tava. This is a non-stick Tawa that is made using hard-anodized aluminum material. The thickness of the Tawa is 4.88 mm. That means it is thick enough to evenly distribute heat and help you make some crispy Dosa. The diameter is 30 cm, but you will also be able to find 28 cm and 33 cm as well. It is available in Black color with a long handle. The handle is made using stainless steel and comes with a plastic covering to remain cool even when it is on the stove. The non-stick coating is PFOA-free, and so it is safe for everyone to use. It is suitable for electric stovetops and gas stoves as well. The best thing about it is it comes with a two-year warranty.
- It is made using hard-anodized aluminum material.
- The diameter of the Tawa is 30 cm with a thickness of 4.88 cm.
- The riveted handle is made using stainless steel material.
- It comes with a two-year warranty.
- After a few uses, the non-stick coating is of no use.
2: Vinod Zest Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
If you are looking for a slightly smaller Dosa Tawa, you should check out Vinod Zest Non-Stick Dosa Tawa. This Tawa diameter is 28 cm, but it is also available in 25 cm and 30 cm. Now you can make a better choice. It is a 3 mm thick Tawa that can get heated immediately and help you make some good Dosa. The Tawa is made using 100 percent virgin Aluminum material. There will be an even distribution of heat. It comes with a Triple-layered non-stick coating with Swiss Technology. This coating is scratch-proof and will last for a very long time. No chemicals or toxins are used in the non-stick coating. The riveted handle is made using stainless steel and plastic. Even when you hold it for a long time, it does not get heated. It comes with a one-year warranty.
- The Tawa has a 28 cm diameter and 3 mm thickness.
- One hundred percent virgin Aluminum material is used in its making.
- It has a long-lasting triple-layered non-stick coating.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- Many customers complain about receiving a damaged piece.
3: Rock Tawa 12-Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
Rock Tawa 12-Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa is another good product you need to consider for your kitchen. Many Dosa may be an easy job, but selecting the right Tawa is not. This is a 12-inch Dosa Tawa that is made using Cast Iron. Cast Iron is a very good material as it can retain heat for a long time. This is a pre-seasoned Tawa, and so you need not have to worry about seasoning it. You can just buy it and start using it. The thickness of this Tawa is 4.2 mm. The best part about this Dosa Tawa is it can be used on gas stoves, induction stoves, and electric stoves. It comes in black color with a flat base. The handle of the Tawa is small, and it should be handled with proper protection in your hands as it can get hot when you are using it.
- It is made using high-quality Cast Iron.
- It is a 12-inch Dosa Tawa for making many other dishes.
- The thickness of the Tawa is 4.2 mm.
- It is a pre-seasoned Dosa Pan.
- After a few uses, you will have to re-season it again.
4: IBELL 3-Layer Durable Aluminum Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
If you are looking for a lightweight and durable Dosa Tawa, you will have to check out the IBELL 3-Layer Durable Aluminum Non-Stick Dosa Tawa. It is a 29 cm Dosa Pan with a flat base. It comes in black and has a highly glossy finish. It comes with a three-year non-stick coating. This is a very safe coating and does not contain any chemicals in it. It does not react with food as well. The coating will last for a long time when used in the right way. It heats up faster and distributes heat evenly. You will be able to cook faster on this Tawa. The best part of this Tawa is, it comes with a six-month warranty and other six months of warranty with free registration. It is thick enough to make crispy Dosa. The handle is long enough to hold comfortably and remain cool.
- It is a lightweight Dosa pan made of aluminum material.
- It is a 29 cm pan with a three-layer non-stick coating.
- The coating is highly durable and lasts very long.
- It comes with a six-month warranty.
- The base of the Tawa is concave in shape and not flat.
5: Amazon Brand – Solimo Non-Stick Tawa
The next product that you need to check is Amazon Brand – Solimo Non-Stick Tawa. Amazon Brand Solimo makes some of the best kitchenware in India. This is a 26 cm Tawa that comes with a long-lasting Non-stick coating. It is made using the best quality Aluminum metal, and it gets heated up soon. It comes in black color with a non-stick coating. The thickness of this Tawa is 2.9 mm and weighs very light. Aluminum pans are usually light in weight. Apart from just making Dosa, you will also make Parathas, Rotis, and much more. It comes with a two-layer coating which lasts for a very long time. You can make healthy food as you will need very little oil for cooking on this Tawa. It comes with a long handle of 13 cm and remains cool.
- It is a 26 cm Tawa for making Dosa and much more.
- The thickness of the Tawa is 2.9 mm.
- It comes with a two-layer non-stick coating.
- It comes with a 13 cm long handle.
- The non-stick coating does not last for a very long time.
6: iBELL PT3833 Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
Here we have another product from iBell, iBELL PT3833 Non-Stick Dosa Tawa. If you are bored using those round-shaped Tawa at home, you should try this rectangle Tawa. It comes in black color with handles on either side. The material used in the making of this Dosa Tawa is virgin Aluminum. It gets heated up fast and so will save you a lot of gas. The best part is, it is a large pan, and you will be able to make more than one Dosa at a time. It has a three-layer non-stick coating. The thickness of this Tawa is 5 mm. The high-grade non-coating is very safe and does not cause any harm to your body. It is very easy to handle the Tawa and clean as well. It can be used on gas stoves and induction stoves as well. It comes with a six-month warranty and an additional warranty of six months.
- It is a large Tawa that can be used in multiple ways.
- It comes with a three-layer non-stick coating.
- High-quality Aluminum is used in the making of this pan.
- It comes with a six-month warranty.
- The Dosa Tawa will get damaged after a few uses.
7: Cello Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
When looking for a very simple Dosa Tawa, it is good to check out Cello Non-Stick Dosa Tawa. This Tawa comes in black color and round shape. Pure and best-grade Aluminum is used in the making of this Tawa. You will be able to cook well evenly as the heat is distributed evenly. It is a 28 cm Tawa with a good non-stick coating all over the Tawa. It is a perfect coating that allows you to cook with less or no oil at all. The base of this Tawa is flat, and so you will be able to use it on an induction cooktop and gas stove as well. The Tawa is flameproof, and so it does not get damaged due to heat. It has a Bakelite handle, and it can be easily detached from the Tawa. It remains cool, and hence you will be able to hold it properly.
- This Tawa is made using pure grade Aluminum material.
- It is a 28 cm Tawa.
- It comes with a good non-stick coating for oil-free cooking.
- It has a long handle to hold the Tawa in the right way.
- The handle of the Dosa Tawa will break easily.
8: AJ Tech Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
Another rectangular-shaped Dosa Tawa that you should consider is AJ Tech Non-Stick Dosa Tawa. Aluminum Tawa are the most common Tawa that you will be able to find in the present market. This Tawa is also made using Aluminum of the best quality. The thickness of the pan is 4 mm, and it is good enough for faster heating. It has a non-stick coating and is water-resistant as well. It is a metal spoon-friendly Tawa that does not get scratches due to the use of metal. There is a three-layer non-stick coating for best and crispy Dosa. The Bakelite handles on both sides of the Tawa make it easy for you to handle the Tawa. You can easily clean it with the help of just a sponge. It comes in black color.
- It is made using high-grade aluminum material.
- The thickness of the Tawa is 4 mm.
- It has a three-layer non-stick coating for oil-less cooking.
- The Tawa comes with handles on both sides for better handling.
- The Tawa is very easy to clean and maintain.
- No cons so far.
9: Highkind Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
Dosa Tawa made using Cast Iron are the oldest kind of Tawa, and here we have Highkind Cast Iron Dosa Tawa. The diameter of this Tawa is 12 inches and helps in making Dosa perfectly. Cast Iron is a good conductor of heat, and so you will not have any problem in cooking. It gets heated quite fast and saves you a lot of time. The Tawa is pre-seasoned and perfectly seasoned so that you need not have to worry about it. You can use oil or butter, but you will need very little of them. It can be used on induction cooktops, gas stoves, and also on electric stoves as well. It comes with a single handle, and it has to be handled with care as it gets heated when on the stove. It is easy to clean and maintain this tawa.
- This is a 12-inch Dosa Tawa.
- The Tawa is made using Cast Iron.
- It is a pre-seasoned Tawa, and so less oil is required for cooking on it.
- It has one handle and provides a good grip.
- It does not come with any warranty.
10: Urban House Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
Urban house Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa is the last product on this list. This is another good option for those who love using only Cast Iron Dosa Tawa. Cast Iron Tawa will help in making crispy and thin Dosa. Many people love eating crispy Dosa. It comes in black color. The diameter of the Tawa is 12-inches and comes with handles on both sides. That means you will get a good grip of the Tawa. It comes with a chemical-free seasoning and does not cause any kind of harm to you. Cast Iron will absorb heat quickly and retain heat for a long time, making it a perfect Tawa for saving some gas. This Tawa will add more iron to your food and less oil. That means you are going to enjoy healthy food.
- It is made using Cast Iron material.
- The diameter of the Dosa Tawa is 12 inches and comes in black color.
- It is a pre-seasoned Tawa, and no chemicals are used for seasoning.
- It uses oil for cooking.
- The non-stick layer is very bad.
How To Choose The Best Dosa Tawa in India
Whenever you feel like you will not be able to decide the best product from a wide range of options, you should take the buying guide’s help. A buying guide contains all the important points that you need to consider while making a choice. Here is a buying guide for Dosa Tawa that tells you about all the important features of Dosa Tawa. You can easily choose between going through this simple buying guide.
The first point that you need to consider is the material used in the Dosa Tawa making. The basic types of materials used in the Tawa making are Aluminum, Anodized Aluminum, and Cast Iron. The Tawa made using Cast Iron will retain heat for a long time. But when going for cast iron, pick a properly seasoned pan so that you can use it as a non-stick pan. It takes a lot of time to get heated but retains heat for a very long time. But if you are looking for a cheaper option, then Aluminum Dosa Tawa is a good choice. They are light in weight and also a good conductor of heat. Above all, they are very light in weight as well. Anodized Aluminum is also a good choice but comes with an extra layer of the non-stick coating. So, make your choice accordingly.
Size of the Pan:
The next important point is the size, or you can call it the Dosa Tawa diameter. The diameter of the Dosa Tawa varies between 8 inches and 16 inches. But the best diameter is 13 inches. If you love bigger or smaller Dosa, you can make your choice based on that.
Another important factor that you need to consider is the thickness of your Dosa Tawa. It is always good to pick a pan that comes with good thickness. Thin pans are not a good choice. A thick Tawa will distribute heat evenly, and so you will be able to enjoy perfectly crisp Dosa. When the Tawa is thick, it takes a lot of time to get heated up and so your Dosa will just turn crispy and will not burn.
It is very important for a perfect and round dosa to make sure that the Dosa Tawa is non-stick. If you are not used to the making of Dosa, then it can be a big problem for you to get that restaurant-style Dosa at home. But with non-stick coating, it gets easy for you to make the best Dosa.
While making Dosa, it is very important to hold the Tawa in the right way so that you can remove from the Tawa and flip it. If you cannot hold well, then there are chances that the Dosa will either burn or break. So, make sure your Tawa has a perfect and long handle for a convenient grip.
This is another important feature that you should look for before buying a Dosa Tawa. Many people use only induction cooktops or both gas and inductive cooktops. So, if you are buying a Tawa that is compatible with both, it will be a great choice for your kitchen.
How to Clean and Care Dosa Tawa?
Dosa is one of the most favorite dishes of many of us. It is made in a special Tawa. Thus, it would have helped if you cleaned the tawa after preparing a tasty dosa.
Steps to clean a dosa tawa:
You need to follow some steps for cleaning a dosa tawa. It will take two minutes to clean the tawa. At first, you have to wash the tawa. Using soap is optional. You can clean it with plain water. Soon after washing the tawa with plain water, you need to place the tawa on the gas stove till the water is evaporated. Please keep it for one minute. Once it gets dried, you need to wipe it with a plain cloth.
In the last step, you can apply a layer of oil on all sides of the tawa. You must look that the oil is evenly applied on the tawa. If the food or the dosa gets burnt on the tawa, you need not worry. Just apply few drops of rock salt to the pan and rub with a freshly cut lemon. You will soon see that the burnt marks are removed from the tawa. Follow the above process, and you will get a new look at your dosa tawa.
Few tips and tricks to maintain dosa tawa:
Here are a few tips that can help in maintaining your dosa tawa.
- Never use any metallic spoons on the tawa. It can ruin your dosa tawa. It is always better to use a wooden spoon or stick. It will help in the easy removal of the cooked dosa. The tawa will also remain in a good condition for an extended period.
- Try to preheat the tawa before you food the dosa batter on the tawa. Pre-heating can also safeguard your tawa.
- Always try to control the heat or flame of the tawa. Please use a low flame while preparing the dosa.
- Always dry your dosa tawa with a clean cloth or paper cloth. Never use any other fabric.
- Just after cooking the dosa, never bring or put the tawa underwater. It may get damaged. Please put it aside for some time.
- Soap is not always good for your dosa tawa. Instead, you can try some mild liquid soap on the tawa for cleaning it. It will retain the fresh look of the tawa. The product will last long.
All the Dosa Tawas in the market look the same, but they are not. So, it is you who should spend some time to check out all the ten products. Each product is different, and to understand that, we have reviewed each product and the pros and cons. You can now easily compare them and make your choice. If you wish to enjoy the best Dosa sitting at home, you should spend some time making a choice. Some top brands in India make Dosa Tawas. It is your responsibility to filter out the bad ones and pick the best ones from the good ones. Get the best Dosa Tawa home today!!!
- 0.1 1: Hawkins Futura Nonstick Dosa Tava
- 0.2 2: Vinod Zest Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- 0.3 3: Rock Tawa 12-Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
- 0.4 4: IBELL 3-Layer Durable Aluminum Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- 0.5 5: Amazon Brand – Solimo Non-Stick Tawa
- 0.6 6: iBELL PT3833 Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- 0.7 7: Cello Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- 0.8 8: AJ Tech Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- 0.9 9: Highkind Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
- 0.10 10: Urban House Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
- 1 How To Choose The Best Dosa Tawa in India
- 2 How to Clean and Care Dosa Tawa?