10 Best Barcode Scanners in India 2021 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
Barcode scanners eliminate the need for manpower, reduce manpower, offer higher accuracy, enhance productivity, and whatnot. From versatility to the affordable usage cost, everything seems in the favor of using a barcode scanner. It doesn’t matter if you run a garment’s business or a grocery store, the barcode scanner is such a great product to have. Printing barcodes and labeling any food is easy.
Most barcode manufacturers use fast sensors to improve speed and provides you a range of benefits. In India, most businesses are shifting to the use of barcode scanners. The demand is high for every small to large scale business, and it is the reason you should consider the same. You can go with any product which suits your need and eliminate most of the productivity-related problems.
But, is it a good choice to buy any barcode scanner? Well, manufacturers put different features for a different purposes. Not every barcode scanner is right for every business. There are types, smart sensors, and software working in the background to provide such advantages. Getting all benefits with any product you choose blindly is a false claim. So, what should be done in such scenarios?
The better choice is to understand your need and then search for the best one. Here to eliminate your confusion, we did our job. We consulted with experts, read about the types, looked for the best options, and hand-picked the best one considering their key aspects. After comparing more than 25 products, we landed on 10 of the best ones you can buy in India.
🏆Best Barcode Scanners in India 2021🏆
This list contains barcode scanners that provide versatility for every business and come for affordable price points in India. As you can find, there are many options, so we picked the ones that fulfill most of the basic needs. Not only features, but we also looked for brands that offer genuine after-sales service in case of having any issue. Without wasting any more time, let’s take a deep dive –
1: RETSOL LS 450 Laser Barcode Scanner
Retsol, a prominent manufacturer in Auto Identification and Data Capturing Technologies, is quite an old company. They manufacture a range of barcode scanners and the RETSOL LS 450 Laser Barcode Scanner is a versatile one. It offers a professional scanning solution to most businesses. This brand is easy to trace in most of the departmental stores throughout the country.
This model is fast, and fast means unbelievable speed in scanning and decoding barcodes. It can decode 100 barcodes per second. There is a 32-bit scanning process that helps in getting your scans right at wide angles. There is no need for a computer software driver or app to run this barcode scanner. You can use the billing tool and connect this barcode to start using it.
- Works at blazing speed while scanning barcodes.
- Provides ease of use by scanning at wide angles.
- There is no need to buy software or a driver to run this barcode scanner.
- It is IP54 water prove certified to prevent water or dust damage.
- It comes at an affordable price point.
- No cons reported.
2: iBall WBS-650MV 1D Barcode Scanner
Who doesn’t know about iBall, one of the most popular keyboard and speaker brands? When it comes to better productivity and ease of use, wireless barcode scanners are always excellent. It works on 2.4GHz Wireless Technology. There is a small USB receiver that you plug into a computer, and you are ready to use it. The best part is, it has sharp aim-and-shoot reading powered by laser beams.
It takes accurate reading, and it can work from a distance of 100 meters. If you own a large departmental store, then you can plug the receiver into the computer and start scanning at a different part. Your entries of the barcode will be registered. It also supports 4-mil barcode data and provides accurate results in every use. It is lightweight and has an ergonomic design to offer ease.
- It is a plug-and-play wireless barcode scanner.
- Made of high-quality plastic material to provide surpassing durability.
- It has higher accuracy, and it can handle a database of 4 mils.
- You get ease while using due to lightweight and ergonomic design.
- It is a great solution for medium and large-scale businesses.
- It comes at a slightly expensive price point.
3: NISHICA Laser Barcode Scanner
In the affordable category, Nishica is a remarkable brand to provide laser barcode scanners. This model is offering an easy-to-configure barcode scanner that can read 1D codes instantly. The barcode scanner supports fast scanning and offers higher accuracy during use. You can connect the barcode reader with any operating system, Microsoft Windows, macOS, or Linux start using.
There are additional features like 4mil Scan Width, scanning at skew angles, and waterproof design. The scan rate in a single second is 100, and it doesn’t cause any issue as other cheap barcode scanner does. In case of having any problem, you can scan the barcode that came with this product and it will reset automatically. The only issue is, it is slightly heavy as compared to the other options.
- It is easy to configure a barcode scanner for 1D barcodes.
- You can buy this product for a very lower price as compared to other options.
- Build quality is sturdy, and it has an ergonomic design.
- The speed of the barcode scanner is adequate and provides the best use.
- You might have to factory reset this barcode scanner after few months.
- The after-sale services are quite goofy regarding this brand.
4: SYGA Wired Barcode Scanner Laser Barcode Scanner
For the mid-range price point, SYGA Wired Barcode Scanner Laser Barcode Scanner is an excellent option. This barcode scanner is compatible with all operating systems ranging from Microsoft Windows to Linux. You can use this barcode scanner with ease as it offers excellent speed while scanning.
Most buyers of this wireless barcode scanner find it helpful in their daily business based on the key functionality. It is also a reliable choice as it takes quick scans and decodes right after that. It comes with one year of warranty, and you can’t expect a warranty on most barcode scanners coming below the price tag of 2,000 INR.
- It is easy to use and offers great convenience for departmental stores.
- The build quality is adequate, and you can expect higher durability.
- You won’t have to worry about the use of driver software for this barcode scanner.
- Most reviews are positive, and it also comes for a lower price point.
- No cons were reported regarding this barcode scanner.
5: Honeywell MK5145-31A38 Barcode scanner
No doubt that Honeywell is a well-liked barcode scanner available in the market for a mid-range price point. The key quality of the Honeywell MK5145-31A38 barcode scanner is its lightweight design and ergonomic design. It has an eclipse design which provides ease of scanning barcodes at a faster rate. There is no need of buying software or a driver to use this product.
Additional features like faster response time and ease of use enhance the overall functionality. It is also adaptable to every operating system as it is OPOS and JPOS System Compatible. You can use the offered driver by the manufacturer to update the firmware and get better functionality. Among all options, this one is quite phenomenal and provides great use.
- The build quality is impressive and it offers a genuine in-hand feel.
- In terms of after-sale services, Honeywell is a great brand.
- It has OPOS and JPOS System Compatible firmware for easier use.
- It works on Powerlink Cables to provide higher reading speed.
- The manufacturer is offering one year of warranty from the date of purchase.
- This barcode scanner is pricey as you compare it to the popular models.
6: Intex In-101 BS Barcode scanner
If you ask Indians about the Intex brand, most people will answer speakers and LED TVs. This brand is quite popular in smart accessories and maintained its affordable prices throughout decades. The adequate build quality, great design and affordable price is the best thing about Intex Barcode Scanner In-101 BS. You can consider this product over the other one for a lower price point. But, there are many more things to learn about.
This barcode scanner works with most operating systems and connects instantly. You won’t have to install any driver software to get started with this product. It can scan 1D codes instantly and has a higher speed. It has a decoding speed of 260lines/sec that is enough for most of the stores. The depth of field offered by this barcode scanner is Depth of Field 3.3-1000mm.
- You can scan 1D codes at a higher speed using this product.
- The decoding speed is fast which is 260lines/sec.
- The after-sale services are quite genuine and responsive.
- The depth of field offered by the scanner is 3.3-1000mm.
- Plug and play option to start using instantly.
- There are many durability-related issues.
7: POSPRINT USB 1D Laser Barcode Scanner
One more handheld barcode scanner of choice among most buyers is POSPRINT USB 1D. It is an affordable barcode scanner that offers great functionality, it can decode linear one-dimension codes and it has incredible speed. It can scan at different angles by adjusting the image instantly through software. It is a plug-and-play barcode scanner so you won’t have to worry about installing software or drivers.
The design is durable and the manufacturer is offering five years of warranty from the date of purchase. The best part is, you are getting wide use range and it will provide great accuracy during the use. Apart from functionality, this barcode scanner is waterproof and dustproof. You are not going to face issues related to durability even for such a lower price of the barcode scanner.
- It is a handheld barcode scanner for 1D codes.
- It has a handy design to provide a better grip over the barcode.
- It works perfectly with most operating systems.
- The manufacturer is offering five years of warranty on this product.
- You are getting a wide use range with the compact design.
- No cons reported.
8: NETUM Handheld Laser Barcode Scanner
In the selection of great quality barcode scanners, most people opt for wired options. Among all those options, NETUM Handheld Laser Barcode Scanner is also a remarkable choice. It is also a plug-and-play barcode scanner designed to meet most of your needs. It can scan 1D barcodes instantly and the accuracy rate is high. It can decode 200 lines per second which offers higher convenience during use.
Warehouse, departmental store, and many other businesses prefer 1D codes that are why this product will work perfectly for your business. The compatibility with most operating systems enhances the overall usability. The build quality is great and it is a shock-proof barcode scanner. It can bear a drop from a height of 1.5 meters.
- This barcode scanner has an anti-shock design to provide great durability.
- It can decode 200 lines per second which provide ease of use.
- The plug-and-play design ensures a higher convenience rate in your daily use.
- It comes with two years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- There are very few reviews to ensure the credibility and claims of the manufacturer.
9: Zebra Symbol DS2208 SR Corded
For the best barcode scanner, going with the purchase of Zebra Symbol DS2208 SR Corded is the right choice. Why? This barcode scanner can decode 1D as well as 2D barcodes at blazing fast speed. These barcode scanners are used in most warehouses because of their great versatility. From 1D codes to 2D codes, the speed remains the same and you can expect ease of use.
Zebra is a widely popular brand and it provides a great solution to most businesses. The only issue with this barcode scanner is the slightly expensive price. Even though it is costly, you are going to get most of the advantages with higher productivity, great durability, and ease of use. The manufacturer is offering 10 days return policy to ensure that you get the best use out of this barcode scanner.
- It is one of the best in scanning 1D as well as 2D barcodes.
- You get impressive productivity with this wireless barcode scanner.
- It is made of premium and study material to ensure better durability.
- The manufacturer is offering 10 days return policy.
- It works at blazing fast speed and it is a wireless barcode scanner.
- It comes with an expensive price tag.
10: Fronix FB1100 Laser Barcode Scanner
Even though you are looking for the best barcode scanner for an affordable price, finding the right one is quite typical. But, if you choose Fronix FB1100 Laser Barcode Scanner in the lower price category, you will be amazed. The stunning build quality for the price and quirky features ensure that you get the best use out of this barcode scanner. It has a strong decoding speed.
This scanner can decode at 200 lines per second. It is made of ABS material to ensure that you get higher durability. There is a standard 1.5m cable included in the box for ease of use. This is a handheld barcode scanner and used by most warehouses. The only problem is, there are limited reviews regarding this product so learning more about any flaw is quite typical. But, based on features and claims, this barcode scanner is exactly what you need.
- You get great convenience with this plug-and-play barcode scanner.
- It has a manual trigger mode to offer ease during use.
- There is a 1.5-meter wire included in the box.
- The price of this barcode scanner is quite affordable.
- The build is strong as there is ABS material used in the manufacturing process.
- The durability of this barcode scanner is the point of concern.
How to Choose the Best Barcode Scanner? – Quick Tips
To figure out a reliable barcode scanner, it would be a better choice to learn about essential aspects. Below mentioned are a few of them –
- 1D or 2D Barcode Scanner – Barcodes are of many types but the most common barcodes are 1D and 2D. Always look for something versatile that can scan any kind of barcode.
- Reputed Brands – You can look for the most liked brands available in the market. No doubt that a reputed brand tries to offer the best product to keep up with their brand name.
- Types – You can choose a handheld barcode scanner as well as the counter barcode scanner. Both are easy to use but the difference is in the method. So, it will depend upon the type of business you have.
- Scanning Speed – Always look for a barcode scanner that can offer a scanning speed of 100 lines per second. Well, decode speed matters if you are working all day and want better productivity.
- Scanning at skew angles – Most barcode scanners require you to put the barcode in front and align it. But you should choose scanners that can scan at skew angles.
- Compatibility – Buying barcode scanners that are compatible with all operating systems seems a reliable option. You can consider buying scanners which work with Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux operating system.
- Wireless or Wired – Wired ones are affordable whereas wireless barcode scanners cost double. So, you should decide the type of use before finalizing the right one.
- The need for Driver software – Going with a plug-and-play barcode scanner means you don’t have to install any driver or software to start using the scanner. These scanners work directly with the billing software you are using.
- Water and Dust Proof – To prevent water or dust damage, always look for an IP66 certified barcode scanner. Most manufacturers mention IP certification level as if the product is certified.
- Warranty – Only buy barcode scanners that come with two years of warranty as a minimum. These scanners are durable and they won’t cause any issue. The reason is, only genuine products come with a warranty.
- After-sale services – Always choose brands that provide responsive after-sale services. You should be able to claim the product or get it repaired in case of having any issues.
- Reviews – By comparing plenty of reviews, you can end the confusion. You will know that which barcode scanner is better to buy. Make sure to compare most of the products based on their feedback to ensure the right one.
- Budget – Deciding a budget will help you figure out a quality Barcode scanner. Make sure that you stick to the budget so that you don’t end up getting confused.
These are few important parameters that you should be looking after to avoid getting the wrong product. Keep in mind that most barcode scanners are not up to their claim. Due to this, figuring out the essential aspects by checking reviews will be an easy choice.
Barcode Scanner Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of Barcode Scanner is perfect for a small warehouse?
If you are running a small business, learning about the type of barcode is necessary. If most products you are selling is using linear image then you can find relevant type easily in the market. On the other hand, there are two other popular options that you can look after. Laser barcode scanners are highly reliable due to their versatile usability, higher speed, and ability to scan most types of barcodes without any problems. For a small business, the linear image barcode scanner is a perfect choice.
- Are barcode scanner software easy to learn?
Most barcode scanner manufactures offer an easy-to-use software program that you can learn with ease. However, you also get a small manual guide to understand the installing method, using tips and more details regarding the interface. If the interface is tricky, you can visit the official website of the manufacturer and learn from videos. Usually, it takes a couple of tries and a few days to get used to the interface of a barcode scanner.
- Should you buy a countertop barcode scanner or a portable barcode scanner?
If you operate a warehouse and deal with heavy objects, then it is always better to choose portable barcode scanners. These scanners are lightweight, can be used from a distance, and provides all the key features that you get with a regular barcode scanner. The only difference is with latency. Portable barcode scanners are slightly slower and work on AAA batteries. Chances of running out of batteries are lower and you can expect a smooth operation throughout the day. Even, there is a small notification light for low battery signs and it will help you know when it’s time to change batteries.
- What are the best portable barcode scanners in India?
Wired barcode scanners are also portable and they provide excellent usability along with affordable pricing. If you are looking for an affordable option then choosing NISHICA Laser Barcode Scanner can fulfill all your needs. If you want higher scanning speed, easy-to-use design, and all the quirky features for an affordable price point, then the purchase of RETSOL LS 450 Laser Barcode Scanner will be an adequate choice. This product has a range of positive reviews and provides a perfect small for a medium-scale warehouse also.
- What are the top three things that you must consider before buying a barcode scanner?
A barcode scanner consists of three vital features that you must take into consideration before purchase. The primary factor is a type because you can choose between linear, 2D, or laser barcode scanners. You can understand the need based on what type of barcodes you would have to scan. The second factor to consider is portability to figure out, whether to buy a wired barcode scanner or a wireless barcode scanner. The last factor is scanning speed. You can check all these features in the description section and ensure the claim by checking reviews of previous buyers.
The Final Verdict:
Barcode scanners are playing an important role in improving productivity. Most businesses use it in their warehouse to learn about the price, location, and other important details of the product. It would be a better choice to go with reputed brands while choosing a barcode scanner. They offer all the essential features in one place, and using the barcode scanner is also easy.
Apart from that, looking after the build quality, compatibility with OS, and feedback will come in handy. Here in this list, RETSOL LS 450 Laser Barcode Scanner is the ideal choice and it is preferred by most of the buyers. You can consider any of the products from the list blindly. If our list of products or buying guide helped in any manner, we are going to elate.
- 1 🏆Best Barcode Scanners in India 2021🏆
- 1.1 1: RETSOL LS 450 Laser Barcode Scanner
- 1.2 2: iBall WBS-650MV 1D Barcode Scanner
- 1.3 3: NISHICA Laser Barcode Scanner
- 1.4 4: SYGA Wired Barcode Scanner Laser Barcode Scanner
- 1.5 5: Honeywell MK5145-31A38 Barcode scanner
- 1.6 6: Intex In-101 BS Barcode scanner
- 1.7 7: POSPRINT USB 1D Laser Barcode Scanner
- 1.8 8: NETUM Handheld Laser Barcode Scanner
- 1.9 9: Zebra Symbol DS2208 SR Corded
- 1.10 10: Fronix FB1100 Laser Barcode Scanner
- 1.11 How to Choose the Best Barcode Scanner? – Quick Tips
- 2 Barcode Scanner Frequently Asked Questions